I sell both original artwork and prints. For my art for sale online visit:
Please like my Art/Sketching Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/judyrobinsonart/
A couple of years ago, I became smitten by urban sketching. I joined the global urban sketching community.
My preferred mode of drawing: watercolor, pen and ink.
I like urban sketching because its philosophy is inclusive not exclusive when it comes to styles of sketching.
When you are on location and finish a sketch within the time you’ve immersed in your environment, you have created a reflection of the moment, the place, the space, the people. It is just as important to leave pieces out of your sketch (and there is no mandate to include every detail of your setting). None of this creating is about redrawing your work later. No, that’s too much like homework and goodness knows, when you get home there is much other work to be done already.
The urban sketchers (USk) Manifesto:
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation;
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel;
- Our drawings are a record of time and place;
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness;
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles;
- We support each other and draw together;
- We share our drawings online;
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.